- Stefani was interviewed by Dr. Karen Shaw Becker where she discussed “Conquering Children’s Fear of Dogs.” Visit Dr. Becker’s website to watch their interview and read her profile on Stefani.
- Sirius Radio XM | Doctor Radio | Pet and Animal Health Show
Topic: Helping children cope with fear of dogs
- Scaling your Therapy Practice by Writing a Book
- Practice of Therapy Podcast https://practiceoftherapy.com/getting-really-niche-specific-a-tale-of-overcoming-fears
- The Therapy Show https://thetherapyshowwithlisamustard.libsyn.com/help-your-clients-overcome-their-fear-of-dogs-with-stefani-cohen-lcsw
Published Works and Press
Numerous children have contact with dogs either by choice or circumstance. I receive many queries from people wanting to know how to help their children overcome their fear of dogs and was thrilled to learn about LCSW therapist Stefani Cohen’s book (with contributions from Cathy Malkin) called Overcoming Your Child’s Fear of Dogs: A Step-by-Step Guide for Parents, in which she uses exposure therapy and her Overcoming Fear of Dogs (OFOD) protocol to gradually increase a child’s exposure to a real dog and thereby decrease the child’s fear and resistance. Here’s what she had to say about her easy-to-read book from which I learned an incredible amount about this topic.
Published in Keeshond World Magazine, Stefani’s article “What My Puppy Taught Me” tells the ups and downs of adjusting to a new puppy (scroll to page 92)